Sunday, August 17, 2014

Trip to Chiclayo!

Wow!  This is crazy!  I'm super tired right now, but ya, I am here in Chiclayo running on 3 hours of sleep.  My companion is Elder Lopez from Nicaragua.  We'll ride on a bus for six hours to get to Cajamarca Ataulhupa!  I am soooooooooo stinking excited to go there!  My Mission President Williams is so awesome! I love him.
Here goes nothin'!

View from the plane above the clouds at Sunrise! 

Presidente y Hermana Williams con Elder Olsen.
They had american breakfast for us at the mission home, cinnamon rolls, trix, oj, fruit, the works, and it was sooo appreciated! 



The first place we went when we arrived was the Beach. Which was so pretty. The beach is my favorite. And we had this super cool lesson where we talked about how Conquistadores burned their boats so they would have motivation to fight and conquer here in suramerica. So we made paper boats and got to torch them!!! So ya all you guys, all my former life, they got torched. The only catch was, my lighter dropped in teh bucket where we were burning them. So I reach in to grab it, and hahaha, my whole arm got torched, all the hair got scorched off and I scared Sis. Williams pretty bad. I was so surprised that my suit didnt get burned caus it was a solid flame. But ya then I smelled awful and all that. But who else can say that they got blowtorched on their mission?? haha

1 comment:

  1. Hi!

    My name is Jess Kasteler & my brother-in-law Corbin is serving in the same mission with Kyler. We received some mail today from the mission president - Kyler's and Corbin's were both sent to us so we decided to look you up! :) We got the same letter - it is from August 12th letting the families know they all safely arrived to the mission field (as you already know! ha!) and is very sweet. I would be happy to mail it to you! My email address is jessbrianne@me.com if you want to touch base. Hope we can keep in touch about our boys in the field! :)

    - Jess

    ReplyDelete